Public Roads bi-monthly features articles by knowledgeable transportation experts to provide insight and direction to highway officials and the interested general public. The following Table of Contents is a representation of news and information of interest to these parties and others are concerned about highway safety and administration.
- Celebrating a Double Anniversary by Richard F. Weingroff In 2016, FHWA will commemorate two landmark laws that shaped America: 100 years of the Federal Aid Road Act of 1916 and 60 years of the Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1956.
- Leading the Charge for Safer Streets by Tamara Redmon Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx has initiated actions to make walking and bicycling more secure and comfortable.
- Nailing the Cheats by Michael Dougherty Identifying schemes to dodge taxes or steal fuel—and finding solutions—will bolster revenues for constructing, maintaining, and operating highways and bridges.
- A Sidekick for Rural Safety by Janet Leli Thanks to the creation of a next-generation center, rural agencies have a strong partner to help address safety challenges on their roads.
- Investing in Today and Tomorrow by Alan R. Hansen, Emily Lester, and Steven Olmsted
- The Arizona Department of Transportation used a sustainability tool from FHWA to build a more efficient and well-balanced transportation program.
- Hot Topic by Ewa Flom
- Editor's Notes
- Along the Road
- Internet Watch
- Communication Product Updates
- Training Update
- Hot Topic
Other Related Publications:
- GPO Stock Number:
- Availability Details:
- In Stock - Warehouse and Retail (Priced)
- USA Price:
- International Price:
- Transportation Dept., Federal Highway Administration
- Key Phrases:
- SuDocs Class:
- 0.4375 lb.
- Quantity Price:
- Subject Bibliography:
- Unit of Issue (U.S.):
- Item Available Date:
- Last Status Update: