Stories of Sacrifice and Dedication: Civil Air Transport, Air America, and the CIA examines two unique stories that exemplify the sacrifice and dedication that the CIA inspires in its officers: Lima Site 85 – a covert radar site in Laos, and a CAT flight to recover an agent inside Communist China.
The booklet and DVD contains essays, speech transcripts, excerpts from the CAT Bulletin – the official newsletter for CAT—and other materials that illustrate the measures taken to support Agency officers. Lima Site 85 explores the construction, use, and fall of a covert radar site in Laos that allowed the United States to bomb North Vietnam.
The CAT flight resulted in the capture and 20 year imprisonment of Jack Downey and Richard Fecteau.
Other related products:
Air America: Upholding the Airmen\'s Bond (Book and DVD) is available here: https://bookstore.gpo.gov/products/sku/041-015-00293-7
Relevance Through Innovation: The History of the Air National Guard-Air Force Reserve Command Test Center (AATC) is available here: https://bookstore.gpo.gov/products/sku/008-070-00866-1
Space Warriors: The Army Space Support Team is available here: https://bookstore.gpo.gov/products/sku/008-029-00393-7
Evolving Army Needs for Space-Based Support is available here: https://bookstore.gpo.gov/products/sku/008-000-01133-8
Other products produced by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) can be found here: https://bookstore.gpo.gov/agency/539
Keywords: Foreign intelligence, primary source research, humanities academic discipline, American Hisotry, covert operations
- GPO Stock Number:
- Availability Details:
- In Stock - Warehouse and Retail (Priced)
- USA Price:
- International Price:
- Central Intelligence Agency, Center for the Study of Intelligence; and Historical Collections Division
- 2011: Book (50 p.; ill.) and DVD.
- At head of title on title page: The Central Intelligence Agency Presents. Book design inspired by a CAT Mandarin Jet. Book and DVD were Released at a symposium at National Museum of the United States Air Force, Dayton, OH, 2 June 2011.
- Key Phrases:
- Air AmericaCentral Intelligence AgencyCivil Air Transport
- SuDocs Class:
- 0 lb.
- Quantity Price:
- Subject Bibliography:
- Unit of Issue (U.S.):
- Item Available Date:
- Last Status Update: