Published since 1894 as a guide to the style and form of Federal Government printing, the U.S. Government Printing Office Style Manual has become a major reference source for professionals involved in the field of Federal printing and publishing. Designed to achieve uniform word and type treatment and economy of word use in the form and style of Government printing.
Also cited as GPO Style Manual, it is issued by the Public Printer under authority of Section 1105 of Title 44, United States Code. The GPO Style Manual is a must-have for writers and editors of Government publications. 2008 Edition (Paperback).
NEW in the latest (2008) edition of the U.S. Government Printing Office Style Manual:
- A more contemporary and readable format
- URLs for further information
- An expanded glossary of computer terms
- New and updated entries in the Useful Tables chapter
- An updated list of foreign country information
- A totally revamped Capitalization chapter
- A new section on GPO's online initiatives
- Inclusion of many suggestions from users
...and much more.
You can order the Style Manual in paperback, hardback, and CD-ROM versions.
Audience: Target audience are professionals involved in the field of federal printing and publishing who need a reference for the proper writing rules for creating government publications.
Keywords: federal printing and publishing, government printing and publishing, government printing style, GPO style manual, government printing style manual
- GPO Stock Number:
- Availability Details:
- In Stock - Warehouse and Retail (Priced)
- USA Price:
- International Price:
- Government Printing Office
- 2008: 469 p.
- Key Phrases:
- GPO Style ManualAuthors and AuthorshipPrinting
- SuDocs Class:
- 1.4375 lb.
- Quantity Price:
- Subject Bibliography:
- Unit of Issue (U.S.):
- Item Available Date:
- Last Status Update: