State-of-the art review of information on relationships between wildland fire and nonnative invasive plants. Designed to help increase understanding of plant invasions and fire, and can be used in fire management and ecosystem-based management planning.
The 16 chapters in this volume include how to:
- synthesize ecological and botanical principles regarding relationships between wildland fire and nonnative invasive plants,
- identify the nonnative invasive species currently of greatest concern in major bioregions of the United States, and
- describe emerging fire-invasive issues in each bioregion and throughout the nation.
Rocky Mountain Research Station General Technical Report RMRS-GTR-42-Volume 6.
NOTE: NO FURTHER DISCOUNTS FOR ALREADY REDUCED SALE ITEMS.
Other related items:
Plants resources collection can be found here: https://bookstore.gpo.gov/catalog/environment-nature/plants
A Naknek Chronicle: Ten Thousand Years in a Land of Lakes and Rivers and Mountains of Fire -Print Paperback format- is available here: https://bookstore.gpo.gov/products/sku/024-005-01236-2
Audience: This state-of-knowledge review of information on relationships between wildland fire and nonnative invasive plants can assist fire managers and other land managers concerned with prevention, detection, and eradication or control of nonnative invasive plants.
Keywords: Wildfires, Forest Fires, Nonnative Invasive Plants, Rocky Mountain Research Station, Fire in Ecosystems, ecosystem, fire effects, fire management, fire regime, fire severity, fuels, grass/fire cycle, invasibility, invasiveness, monitoring, nonnative species, plant community, plant invasion, plant response, plants, prescribed fire, rehabilitation, succession, vegetation, wildfire
- GPO Stock Number:
- Availability Details:
- In Stock - Warehouse and Retail (Priced)
- USA Price:
- International Price:
- Agriculture Dept., Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station
- Zouhar, KIristin
- 2008: 363 p.; ill.
- Key Phrases:
- Rocky Mountain Resarch Station General Technical Report RMRS GTR 42-Volume 6WildfiresPrescribed BurningSmoke, Environmental Aspects
- SuDocs Class:
- 2.25 lb.
- Quantity Price:
- Subject Bibliography:
- Unit of Issue (U.S.):
- Item Available Date:
- Last Status Update: