Stories of Sacrifice and Dedication: Civil Air Transport, Air America, and the CIA examines two unique stories that exemplify the sacrifice and dedication that the CIA inspires in its officers: Lima Site 85 – a covert radar site in Laos, and a CAT flight to recover an agent inside Communist China.
The booklet and DVD contains essays, speech transcripts, excerpts from the CAT Bulletin – the official newsletter for CAT—and other materials that illustrate the measures taken to support Agency officers. Lima Site 85 explores the construction, use, and fall of a covert radar site in Laos that allowed the United States to bomb North Vietnam.
The CAT flight resulted in the capture and 20 year imprisonment of Jack Downey and Richard Fecteau.
- GPO Stock Number:
- Availability Details:
- Being Reprinted (Priced, No Stock Available in Warehouse or Retail)
- USA Price:
- International Price:
- Central Intelligence Agency, Center for the Study of Intelligence; and Historical Collections Division
- 2011: Book (50 p.; ill.) and DVD.
- At head of title on title page: The Central Intelligence Agency Presents. Book design inspired by a CAT Mandarin Jet. Book and DVD were Released at a symposium at National Museum of the United States Air Force, Dayton, OH, 2 June 2011.
- Key Phrases:
- Air AmericaCentral Intelligence AgencyCivil Air Transport
- SuDocs Class:
- 0 lb.
- Quantity Price:
- Subject Bibliography:
- Unit of Issue (U.S.):
- Item Available Date:
- Last Status Update: