The founding of the CIA: This rich mix of declassified historic material weaves a fascinating story of the twists and turns in communications, turf battles, conflicting goals, politics and events that culminated in the creation of the Central Intelligence Agency, starting with the widespread recognition that America urgently needed an expanded, permanent, centralized intelligence group to face the post-World War II world.
Prepared in cooperation with the Center for the Study of Intelligence, this fascinating publication also describes the contents of the famous "Cornerstone Box" - the time capsule buried by President Eisenhower and others in 1959 during the cornerstone laying ceremony of the CIA headquarters building.
DVD contains copies of documents relating to the evolution of the Central Intelligence Agency spanning 1940 to 1953; multimedia images; and a PDF of the booklet.
- GPO Stock Number:
- Availability Details:
- In Stock - Warehouse and Retail (Priced)
- USA Price:
- International Price:
- Central Intelligence Agency, Office of Information Management Services, Historical Collections Division
- 2012: Booklet (44 p.; ill.) with DVD in pocket.
- DVD contains copies of documents relating to the evolution of the Central Intelligence Agency spanning 1940 to 1953; multimedia images; and a PDF of the booklet.
- Key Phrases:
- Creation of the Intelligence Community: Founding DocumentsFounding DocumentsDigital Video DisksIntelligence HistoryElectronic ProductsCentral Intelligence Agency
- SuDocs Class:
- 0.5625 lb.
- Quantity Price:
- Subject Bibliography:
- Unit of Issue (U.S.):
- Item Available Date:
- Last Status Update: